Silver Princess Eucalyptus 2
About this artwork
An impressionistic painting of Eucalyptus caesia, commonly known as Silver Princess or gungurru, is a species of mallee that is endemic to the south-west of Western Australia.
I have used a drawing method of scratching back to reveal complementary blue green and yellow undertones in the background paint layers. Thick acrylic paint is used to achieve the textures showing the history of the paint application and mark making; the way you can see through to the under painting where I have scratched creates an overlapping pattern with a beautiful rhythm of colors and textures.
- Professionally framed in White Tasmanian Oak float frame.
- This comes with string/wire on the back to hang the artwork.
- The work is varnished for protection.
- Signed at the back with my name, date, and artwork title.
- Insitu photo not to scale.