About this artwork
Every time you enter the dark depths of the ocean, you enter a fascinating and mysterious world different to your own.
Everything slows down. The noise of life disappears. You hear only your thoughts, and your breath through the scuba apparatus.
Once below, an unexpectedly bright and active world suddenly appears. You’ve entered underwater rush hour! Marine life dashes and darts about. Fish school around you, nibbling and squirming, eager to know how much of you is edible.
You feel the rush of bubbles percolating around you; a kindly reminder of which way is up. You utter words of excitement forgetting no one can hear you through your mask.
And then, it’s all over too quickly, and you’re back on shore. You spend the rest of the day and night dreaming about these moments in the deep, knowing it was unique, never to be repeated.
Drawn on pastel paper using a harmonious colour pencil palette of aquamarine blues and turquoise greens. The paper texture and multiple layers of pencil provide rich vibrant depth of colour.
- Medium: Colour pencil on fresh grey pastel paper
- Size: 50 x 70cm - This bright piece can be delivered to your door now!
- Weight: 340gsm (heavyweight paper)
- Perfect in any size room
- Made using professional artist grade supplies guaranteeing this piece will last for many years to come
- Certificate of Authenticity and maintenance information included with delivery