Still remains - Ancient ruins of Ephesus
About this artwork
This realistic colour pencil piece captures an off-the-beaten-path portion of the ancient ruins of Ephesus.
The strong cool shadows cast by crumbling columns as the morning sun arises, bring to mind the feeling of fresh air bouncing off marbled ruins.
It reminds you of the surreal feeling you get when you touch your hand on the same architecture someone who lived thousands of years before you would have touched.
A window into the remains of someone else's mundane, their everyday happenings, social life, politics, religion, and all the things that have been and gone and led to today.
I called this piece 'Still remains' because Ephesus is 'still', no longer the hive of activity it once was, but it also 'still remains' in that it still remains for us to visit, to walk, to imagine.
This large piece makes a brilliant colourful addition to any wall and would suit any decor.
- Medium: Colour pencil on white watercolour paper
- Size: 560 x 760mm – 22 x 30 inches (central piece measures: 420 x 594mm)
- Weight: 300gsm (heavyweight paper)
- Perfect for any size room
- Made using professional artist grade supplies guaranteeing this piece will last for many years to come
- Certificate of Authenticity and maintenance information included with delivery