Award Winning Artist
Hello everyone ! Thank you for stopping by my profile. I HSIN LIN ,an artist obsessed with the beauty and the form of flowers. I believe art is relatable, reachable and enjoyable. Welcome to the colourful world of my floral series. Most of my inspiration comes from my observation of the natural world.
I am very lucky. A short walk from the studio takes me into a beautiful forest and it’s there that I can touch the texture of the tree bark, observe the colours of the current season and feel the sunlight reflecting on the trees and grasses. I often find myself collecting leaves, feathers and other wonderful gifts from nature that have fallen to the ground. I love to observe these in great detail and reflect their beauty into my paintings.
I find acrylic is the perfect medium to interpret my intense passion for the subjects I depict, loving the vivid and opaque property of paint on canvas.
In my ongoing contemporary floral series, I use close observation to try to capture as much detail as possible. Through my paintings I see flowers as representing life, when I am carefully building up the tiny flower petals and leaf vines, it feels like trying to figure out the uncertainty in life. It is also a reminder that like the flowers in full bloom, this is our time to be alive. As life presents its self you can fight with all your will or you may dance with the flow, either way, a human life is unique, one of a kind and this journey belongs to you only.
HSIN completed both a Bachelor degree in finance at NCHU and a diploma in fashion at RMIT.
Prior to taking up painting, she launched her own personal fashion label as a chief designer and was active in numerous international exhibitions and TV shows in Taiwan.
She was determined to extend her expertise in visual art after her returning to the beloved city - Melbourne. Hsin Lin swapped the manipulation of fabric for the more enticing world of paint and canvas and has been creating art full-time ever since.
In both her on-going abstract and realistic series, Hsin Lin has devoted herself to bringing the beauty and serenity that she feels when depicting floral subjects to those who view and collect her work.
Her artwork - Ready and Waiting - Dahlia has been judged as the winner of National Mental Health Month Art Competition and is used to produce the official posters for National Mental Health Month 2019. To Be with You - Yellow Gum Blossoms was chosen and printed on 50,000 Eco-friendly coffee cups distributed nationally in Australia on 2018; and another Artwork - Trust Me - Cadbury the Cat - was chosen and published on 10,000 postcards distributed nationally on 2017. Her full collection -The Voice of Nature- was also featured on Australia Artist’s Palette magazine on 2017.
Her Artworks are held in numerous private collections across Australia and internationally. Recent exhibitions include various local art shows and group exhibitions in Victorian Artists Society, The Hut Gallery and so on.
- March 2020 Highly Commended Award in The Victorian Artists Society George Hicks Foundation Contemporary Exhibition.
- September 2019 -Winner of National Mental Health Month Art Competition 2019.
- April 2019 - 2nd Prize in Acrylic for the painting A LIFE TIME JOURNEY in The Hut Gallery Annual Exhibition.
- March 2019 - Runner Up in Hydrocryl #floralart competition.
- Jan 2019 - Finalists in 2019 Art Lovers Prize.
- Nov 2018 - 2nd prize in Mont Marte #icanmauveit challenge.
- Oct 2018 - Commended Acrylic for the painting FLAMBOYANCE inThe Hut Gallery Allen & Peg Lowe Annual Award Exhibition.
- April 2018 - Highly Commended Acrylic for the painting POISE AND PRIDE in The Hut Gallery Open Award Exhibition.
- Sept 2017 -Highly Commended Oil and Acrylic for the painting Splendid-Tuberose Begonia in Box Hill Art Group Annual Exhibition.
- 20 Nov – 14 Dec 2020 Vas 9X5 Exhibition @The Victorian Artists Society
- 11– 28 Sept 2020 Vas Spring Select Exhibition @The Victorian Artists Society
- 14 – 24 Aug 2020 Vas Portrait Exhibition @The Victorian Artists Society
- 19 – 29 June 2020 Vas Winter Select Exhibition @The Victorian Artists Society
- 6 – 23 Mar 2020 Vas George Hicks Foundation Contemporary Exhibition @The Victorian Artists Society
- 10 Feb – 2 March 2020 -Artist of The Month -HSIN LIN- Exhibited at Riot Art Knox Westfield - 24th Aug
- October -Solo Exhibition - Bloom Like flowers by HSIN LIN- presented by Knox Immerse 2019 / Knox City Council, Australia.
Varies group exhibition in Melbourne, Australia from 2016 ~ 2019 with Camberwell Art Show, Mental Health Foundation Australia ,Oak Hill Gallery, The Hut Gallery, Box Hill Art Group, Sherbrooke Gallery, Warranwood Art Show, Melbourne International flower and garden show, Knox Art Show, Mornington Art Show, Whitehorse Art Show, Yarra Glen Art show, Walker St Gallery, Ryazanoff Gallery, Riot Art Eastland , Riot Art Knox Westfield and Brunswick Street Gallery.
Fashion Design -RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
Bachelor Degree of Finance- National Chun-Hsing University, Taiwan.
- Dec 2019 Dahlias – a winning message for Mental Health Month. Artist interview and artwork – TRUST ME featured on
Ferntree Gully Newspaper Issue 62.
- Oct 2019 -Original artwork - Ready and Waiting - Dahlia - has been judged as the winner of National Mental Health Month Art Competition and is used to produce the official poster for National Mental Health Month 2019.
- September 2019 – Featured artwork - A Life Time Journey - on Immerse artist map by Knox City Council.
- SEPTEMBER 2018 - Original artwork - To Be with You - Yellow Gum Blossoms chosen by BioPak Australia Art Series and printed on more than 50,000 Eco-friendly cups distributed nationally in Australia.
- March 2018 - Demonstrator / Featured artist at Sherbrooke Art Gallery, Victoria, Australia.
- August 2017 - Featured artist on Romance Awareness Month.
- August 2017 - Featured artist in Australia Artist’s Palette magazine No.154.
- March 2017 - Artwork - Trust Me - Cadbury the Cat - chosen and published on 10,000 postcards distributed nationally by Avant Card Australia.
Instagram : [https://www.instagram.com/helloinnerpeace/]